Our system is password protected and requires all first-time users to complete and submit a Household Information Form; along with proof of residency to the Gillham Recreation Center. Your information will be reviewed and input into the system. Once you have been entered into the registration software, you will have access to your personal password so you can begin registering online.
Most registrations can be done online! Go to REGISTER NOW! or Memberships to register. To learn more about each course, click on the "info" box. Please be patient because the system can be slow sometimes.
To access your Account information (review registrations, make payments, sign required documents, view receipts):
1. Click white 'Sign-In' button on top right of screen.
2. Enter your account email address.
3. Enter your password and click the green button.
please note: to make household changes (family members, contact info, etc) contact the Rec Center at 248.541.3030 or email@example.com.
To create an account follow these steps:
- Click 'Sign-In' button on the top right, you do not need to create a new account.
- On Sign In Page, click on the blue RESET PASSWORD button. (Do not enter your email address on this page.)
- On Reset Password page, enter your PRIMARY email address (the primary email address provided on your Household Information Form).
- An email will be sent to your PRIMARY email address listed on your account. Check your spam folder if you cannot locate the email from "City of Huntington Woods - firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Open the "Reset Password Request" email from City of Huntington Woods.
- Click on Reset Password link in email.
- Create a password and enter it twice.
- Click on green 'Sign-In' button.
- On Sign In page, enter email and password.
- Click on 'Sign-In' to return to Website.
If you have any trouble logging in, please contact us at (248) 541-3030 or email@example.com during regular business hours.
Things to Note:
- Classes for 4-6 year old children are located under "Early Childhood" or "Youth".
- Select classes for 10-12 year olds can be located under "Teens".
- Check the "Special Events" listings for adult, teen and family offerings.
ROYAL OAK SECTION (ROS)
Households in the Royal Oak Section (ROS) of Huntington Woods (HW) can begin registering approximately 2 weeks following the open registration date for HW residents, unless they are a Grandfathered household (please see details below) or noted otherwise.
The following fees will be added to the cost of activities:
- An annual $40 facility fee is assessed to all ROS residents participating in the Pool (membership or punch card), Latchkey, Fruit Camp, Preschool, Lots-for-Tots, Pickleball, Drop-In Gym and/or the Hurricane Swim Team.
- Unless otherwise noted, an additional $5/class, trip, event and $10/house sports league (baseball, basketball, pillo polo and/or floor hockey) fee is added.
- An additional 25% fee is charged for Latchkey and 10% fee is charged for Fruit Camp, select Specialty Camps, the Preschool program and the Swim Team.
- An additional 25% fee is charged for pool memberships - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-541-3030 to register
These fees are in place to equalize the tax burden borne by Huntington Woods Residents.
2019 ROYAL OAK SECTION POLICY CHANGE
Originally, people residing in the Royal Oak Section (ROS) area of Huntington Woods (HW) were considered non-HW residents and were not permitted to use the pool or other Recreation Center programs. In 1974, the ROS was annexed into the Berkley School District. A few years later, ROS residents were granted permission to participate in HW recreation programs, including the pool, with a nominal surcharge. The demand for recreation programs was such that allowing the small number of ROS residents into the program, along with residents, did not result in HW residents being unable to participate due to program enrollments being at capacity.
Current Status/Grandfathered Households
Recently, enrollment has been at an all-time high for many recreation programs and, in order to fairly incorporate as many participants as possible, a lottery has been held for Fruit Camp and Latchkey. Due to the increasing demand for many of the city-sponsored recreation programs and the limited space available, in 2019, the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and the City Commission reviewed and supported a registration policy change.
Recognizing that HW residents should be provided the first opportunity to enroll in recreation programs and that a few ROS households continually participate in these programs (including Camp, Latchkey, Preschool, Swim Team, classes, etc.), the following policy was adopted:
Grandfather in ROS households/Berkley School District teachers who are currently enrolled in 2019-20 Latchkey, Preschool and/or participated in the 2019 Camp, Swim Team and Recreation Department programs, to be included in the initial registration period along with HW residents until all current and future members of the household age-out of the programs. Specified registration start dates will be established for ROS households/BSD teachers not grandfathered in, followed by non-residents.
A 10-25% surcharge for ROS residents/non-residents + a $40 annual facility fee will continue to be charged where applicable for Latchkey, Preschool, Camp, Pool Membership, Swim Team, Lots for Tots and Pickleball.
Fruit Camp: Households enrolled in 2019 Fruit Camp are Grandfathered and eligible to participate in future resident Fruit Camp lotteries, until children residing in those households age out. Households not registered in 2019 Fruit Camp are eligible to register during ROS walk-in enrollment (generally held in mid-March).
Latchkey: Households enrolled in 2019-2020 Latchkey are eligible to apply for Latchkey initial enrollment for the 2020-21 school year (held in May). Households new to Latchkey are eligible to register after the initial registration period.
Classes/Special Events/Trips: Grandfathered households should contact the Rec Center 248.541.3030 or email@example.com directly to register on the resident open registration date for these activities.