HARP - Home Assistance Repair Program
The purpose of the HARP program is to assist Huntington Woods residents maintain their home and remain independent. The following residents are eligible for HARP services:
- seniors (ages 60+)
- physically challenged individuals
- households with a member serving in active duty in the Armed Services
Our registered volunteers can perform minor, basic repairs and, to date, have serviced over 100 requests from residents including:
- installation of grab bars, door locks, hinges and weather stripping
- changing light bulbs and smoke detector batteries
- fixing leaking faucets, toilets, slow-draining sinks and garbage disposals
- repairing closet rods
- fixing electrical outlets
- moving items
Materials are paid for by the homeowner, but labor is free thanks to the generous residents who volunteer their time and efforts.
Please note that HARP’s work is not intended to replace the work of licensed professionals.
To get assistance, fill out a HARP Request for Work form (About Us>Forms) and submit it to HWCares@hwmi.org.
Or stop by the Rec Center to fill out a form. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Furlong: 248.581.2712 or HWCares@hwmi.org.